Homemade pasta isn't as daunting as it sounds! If you've got a few extra minutes this is a good way to throw in some more veggies to your dinner.
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 beaten eggs
1/4 c water
1/4 c cooked spinach, well drained and finely chopped
1. In a large bowl stir together 2 cups of the flour and the salt. Make a well in the center. In a small bowl combine eggs, water, spinach and oil. Add to flour mixture, and mix well.
2. Sprinkle counter with remaining 3/4 c flour. Knead dough until smooth and elastic. (8-10 min)
Cover and let rest for 10 min.
3. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll each portion out until about 1/16 in thick. (go thinner than you think, they plump up in the water.)
4. Cut with a pizza cutter to desired length and size.
5. Cook in boiling water for about 2-3 min.
We added ours to chicken noodle soup, which made it very tasty!
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
2 chicken breasts cooked, chopped or shredded (reserve water for the soup)
2-3 carrots, celery stalks, and red potatoes chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 carton or 2-3 cans of chicken broth
Add noodles when vegetables are done!