10/12/11

Bandito Sauce

must be a utah thing never heard of it but had it at RS

kinda taco salady 

Bandito Sauce

1 lb. hamburger
1 small onion chopped(I also added peppers)
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
2 Tbs. chili powder (I think it needs more)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp. sugar
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small can tomato paste
1 cup water
1-2 cups cooked rice/Quinoa(The night before we had russian chicken we had
leftover rice that I had added part Quinoa in it when I cooked it, was good)

Brown hamburger with onion and peppers add seasonings and sauces and water. 
Let simmer 30 min. Add rice.  We put olives and red kidney beans in it also.  
If your going to freeze the meat you should probably not.
I think it would be ok to leave the rice in though.  
Let it come to room temp. before you bag and freeze.

Serve with chips(I used tortilla but I've heard some use corn chips and mix it altogether), 
chopped lettuce, salsa sour cream, chopped tomatoes, olives, kidney beans, cheese.
This would serve 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment