1/25/13

Shredded Brussel Sprouts salad

Found this interesting twist on brussel sprouts today. Yes on Pinterest
First you shred the sprouts which I found the easiest using a food processor
with the shredder disc.  You add the vinaigrette type dressing, nuts and
I added parmesan cheese. I think you could add bacon bits also.
I liked it, the girls were like its not bad.  It was different way of mixing it up
and doing something different with them.


1 LB. Brussel Sprouts shredded
2TBL. wholegrain mustard
4TBL. fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup shelled walnuts chopped(I had pecans so I used them)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Shred Brussel sprouts, whisk dressing season to taste, top with nuts and cheese.
I added the dressing about an hour before so it could marinate and soften up the
sprouts.


No comments:

Post a Comment